Robbery
at the Parade
People on elephants,
people on feet
People dressed in
clothes that are neat
Men eating lumps of
cooked meat
“Yum,” they say,
“what a treat”
Women swing torches
on fire
Men recite songs that
are dire
People pointing guns
at me
Wait… that shouldn’t
be.
I
Saved a Fish From Breathing
Humans die from
drowning
Fishes die from a
breath
But either way is the
same
They both end in death
I saved a fish from
breathing
I’m very glad that’s
true
For if it wasn’t in
my belly
I’m not sure what I’d
do.
All
About me
Tired, tired, tired:
I’m weary
Dirty, dirty, dirty:
I’m smeary
Happy, happy, happy:
I’m cheery
Yes that’s what I am.
Seasons
In the time after
winter, in spring
Flowers flourish and
grasshoppers sing
But in winter the
trees are all dead
And it’s dark when
you wake up in bed
Sweaty summer is so
full of heat
We feel like freshly
cooked meat
When butterflies zoom
up and down
Trailing wings like a
silky gown
In autumn the leaves
all fall
So the trees look
deadly tall
And ravenous vultures
fly around
Malevolent eyes
sweeping the ground.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Davin, age 10, loves to hear what his readers think of his work.